Sunday, January 30, 2011

What I eat

So you wanted some examples of what I eat. Like I said I pretty much just eat what my grandpa cooks but I try to make sure I still get enough protein in. My grandpa usually cooks pretty lean food because he needs to watch his diet as well since he's almost 80. I was using a crappy phone camera, and since its in a bowl it doesn't look like much, but if you imagine that theres twice as much food as you see in the picture then thats basically how much is really in the bowl lol.

Photobucket
So I just know that this is called thit kho. Maybe you've had it growing up. But yeah pork and you can't see it in the picture but theres two boiled eggs under the pork too. Theres some rice and spinach and yeah.


Photobucket
More thit co, and with tofu and some tomato and rice

Photobucket
Chicken breast, pork, lettuce and rice. There were some pineapple slices in there too.

Photobucket
I think thats catfish filet, but I'm not exactly sure. Some rice and some spinach.

So those are the meals I typically will have. Sometimes I'll have other stuff like roasted pork or chicken or something but those are the most reoccurring foods in my diet. In between actual meals of that I like to have a peanut butter and banana sandwich, or a turkey sandwich. Always on wheat bread of course. At school I usually eat pasta with meat sauce because I have lunch after my strength training class, and I've read that having carbs after a work out helps shuttle the protein to your muscles because of the spike in insulin or something like that.

For breakfast I usually have raisin bran or a 3 egg omelette. Depends on if I have time before I need to head out or not.  I'll usually have some fruit at various points during the day too.

The protein I take is EAS 100% whey. The powder has 23 grams and I mix it in milk so I get maybe 35-40 grams of protein out of my shakes. I drink those asap after a work out.

So yeah thats basically what I eat.

Oh and I weigh 146ish pounds now :D

No comments:

Post a Comment