Sunday, January 2, 2011

Week 1: Goals and workout schedule

So tomorrow I'm starting my lifts. I had already been working out for a while before, but now I'm starting to get really serious about it. When I started I was benching 115 and squatting around 140-150. In September I started school again and decided that I'm going to try to get my bench press up to ten reps of 185 and my squats to 10 reps of 250 by the end of the school year. I'm done with first semester and I'm halfway there so I think I'm doing good progress. I'm benching 155 and squatting 185 right now. I don't really want to bulk up as much as Hanh, but I do want to get bigger, since I'm a short guy. I figure I can't help how tall I am, but at least I can change how strong I am! I also want to get rid of my belly and get my abs to show but thats purely out of vanity lol.

Anyway my stats right now: I'm 17 years old, 143 pounds and about 5'5" tall.
Photobucket

Heres my work out schedule

MONDAY (Chest)
1x20 barbell bench warmup
3x10 barbell bench
5x8 dumb bell bench
5x8 incline dumb bell bench
3x10 dips
1x50 push ups

TUESDAY (Legs)
5x10 back squat (2 sets to warm up)
3x10 lunge
3x10 cleans
3x10 front squat
2x50 body squats

Wednesday
eat and sleep :D

Thursday (back -credit for workout goes to Hanh and Frank-)
3x10 Pull ups
2x10 Deadlift with light weight
5x10 deadlifts with work weight
10x10 pull ups

Every day includes an hour of my personal martial arts practice and running if I can get it in, since I have school and such.

Anyway tomorrow I'm back at school and back in the weight room. Lets do this.

1 comment:

  1. Looks alright so far. Try it for a while and post some progress. We can go from there.

    ReplyDelete