Friday, January 21, 2011

Week 4

So I didn't get a chance to do my week 3 update because I had finals and stuff in the way. But good news is I'm back up to my old work weight for all my lifts. I was really disheartened the first day I came back into the gym after a 2 week break from school, and my lifts went down by almost 10 pounds on each. But now I'm back to where I was and can start working on getting to where I want to be! Anyway, the back work out is brutal, just from the sheer amount of pull ups involved. Its so hard to get through them all. The last work out of all my days, I can barely do. I couldn't do a full set of dips on my upper body day. I was wiped.
Oh and I was wondering if there was anything I could replace front squats with because the weight hurts like a mofo on my shoulders. I put a towel under it to help but my arms still had burst blood vessels under the skin and I had a bunch of red dots for a day or two on my shoulders.
but I've noticed I've developed a more defined split in my pecs so I'm happy about that lol

So this week
Barbell Bench:135
Dumb bell bench: 55
Incline dumbbell: 40
Squats: 175
Cleans: 105
Lunges: two 25 pound dumbbells
Deadlift: 155

3 comments:

  1. Front squats aren't necessary for starting off as you don't have much muscles developed to support the weight on your upper yet. So don't worry about that. Just stick to squats, lunges, leg extension, leg curls. Basic stuff first. You can change it up later when your progress slows down.

    Pics of what you eat would help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the problem is I never really eat the exact same thing. I just eat whatever my grandpa cooks and its always homecooked, natural viet food. Its pretty clean though. I always try to maximize on the vegetables and meat and cut down a little bit on the rice. Except on Sunday when I have pho lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot help you much if you're not in control of your diet. Pho is fattening and full of msg. You're going to have to give things up if you really want to achieve your goals. I don't mean to put you down. I just tell you the truth. When people don't see much gains they tend to give up. So I don't want you to end up on the same path. Work out is 10% of everything. Diet is 80% of everything.

    ReplyDelete